Saturday, September 20, 2008

Replacing a Color Tutorial

Okay, here's the scoop on replacing one color on a paper...works with embellishments as well. I chose to change the yellow star to purple stars on the cute kraft paper from the Teen Kit, Family Ties CD, Digital Scrapbook Memories. This is what the paper looked like originally:

Now, go to Image>Adjustments>Replace Color. I use Photoshop CS2, so this step may or may not be slight different for you. Okay, that goes for all the steps. You will get the pop-up window below (next picture).

Click on the top patch of color that says color next to it. This will pop-up the color picker window. You can click on whatever color on your paper you want to change when this window is open. I selected the yellow.

Now click on the bottom patch of colored labeled Result. This time choose whatever color you want the first color to be replaced with. (This is where you can put in the hexadecimal color number that CJoy2Day was referring to in a previous post) Now, adjust the fuzziness of the black and white picture. You can view the image, but I prefer to view the selection. You can choose the one you like better, these options are listed under the black and white pic in the pop-up window.

You can see in the above picture the results of the replace color. Notice that in my pop-up window, you can see more than just the rows of yellow stars. This is because my fuzziness is higher, and the color change affected the green and orange stars as well. If I lowered the fuzziness, like the example below, I could make the color change only effect the yellow stars. Notice in the black and white preview, you can only see the four lines of stars now.

However, if you zoom in close to the now purple stars, you can see some yellow around the edges (see below). It's not totally perfect because there is some yellow in other areas of paper, so it's all preference at this point of how much color change you want.

Please ask questions if you have any. I hope this is all understandable. Happy color changing!!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you do tutorials. Reading tutorials is one of my favorite thing in blogdom. I really can't wait until the new laptops come out for macs and then I can get one and then I will be happy to scrapbook once again!

    ReplyDelete